Definition of private information
In case of using the web site provided by our company (hereinafter referred to as "this site") and related content, function or application (hereinafter collectively referred to as "this service" together with this site) please read these Terms and Conditions in advance.
- "Private information" means the one concerning a living individual acquired through the use of this service, which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in the information (including the ones that can be easily compared with other information and thereby identify the specific individual).
- The term "Private Information Database, etc." means the collection of information including the private information, as set forth below:
- a. The collection of information that is systematically organized so that specific private information can be retrieved by using computers; and
- b. In addition to what is listed in a. above, what is specified by a Cabinet Order as structured systematically so that specific private information can be easily retrieved.
- The “Private Information" means such private information that is compiled systematically as a set of information.
- "Retained Private Data" means private data over which business operators handling private information have the authority to disclose, to correct, add or delete the content, to discontinue its utilization, to erase, and to discontinue its provision to a third party, excluding data which might harm public or other interests if its presence or absence is known and the data as is specified by Cabinet Order as an act committed to establish a permanent economic or the data that will be erased within a period of no longer than six months.
Information collected by this service
- Information that users directly provide to our company - when using certain functions of this service, such as registering to certain services of this service, accessing certain contents or functions, or directly contacting this service, we may ask the user to provide our company with the following information:
- · Name;
- · Gender, age and nationality;
- · User name and password;
- · Information that users send to our company through a questionnaire or user registration form; and
- · Information collected automatically when visiting this service and browsing etc.
- When a user visits this service and exchanges browsing, postings, etc., certain information including the following may be automatically collected:
- · Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user's computer;
- · Type of user's browser and basic software (OS);
- · Web pages visited by users immediately before and after visiting this service;
- · Search conducted in this service;
- · Web pages and advertisements you browse within this service, and the links once clicked;
- · Information concerning the information processing speed of the user's computer and the information concerning the installed software programs;
- · Click-through rate and aggregate data on user's video viewing;
- · Standard server log information;
- · Information gathered through HTML cookie, Flash cookie, web beacon, and other similar technologies; or
- · Geo-location information of the user specified by IP address or GPS of the mobile terminal.
- The information that our company may collect from other information sources:
Our company may, including the cases below mentioned, access information about users from third party information sources and platforms (social networks, databases, on-line marketing companies, targeted advertising companies, etc.):
- · The name of the user and the connection list of those services at a time when a user accesses a third-party social networking service (Facebook Connect, Twitter, etc.) through this service;
- · Statistical data such as age group, gender, field of interest;
- · Interaction with advertisements and browsing data such as click-through rate and information on the number of times of viewing a specific advertisement; or
- · A unique identifier, including an ID number, that can identify the physical location of the mobile device under applicable law.
When the user moves from this service to another website, our company may share registration information of another website user with the website of the destination.
Please note that this service may integrate information gathered by our company with information obtained from third party sources.
Purposes for using the private information
Our company will use your private information for the following purposes:
- · To provide, maintain, protect and improve this service, develop new services and protect users;
- · To provide content (including advertisements) customized to fit the user from our company and a third party affiliated with our company;
- · In order to notify the changes in this private information protection policy or terms and conditions of use;
- · To send information on products or services offered by our company or a third party affiliated with our company;
- · To contact the user for editorial purposes related to this service; or
- · To respond to inquiries.
Handling based on the consent and right to withdraw the consent
Management of private information
Our company will strictly manage private information by taking necessary measures to improve the maintenance system of security system and implementing safety measures in order to keep the user's private information accurate and updating, and to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, falsification, or divulging of the private information.
Prohibition of unauthorized provision of disclosure of private information to a third party
Our company will properly manage the private information we store provided from the users and will not disclose the private information to any third party unless it falls under any of the following:
- If there is a prior consent of the user;
- In the case where our company discloses private information of the users to a subcontractor entrusted by our company in order for the user to perform the desired service (the private information provided in this way shall be managed by the subcontractor. In addition to fulfilling the transaction, the subcontractor will use the private information in order to submit the information by e-mail or the like to the user after the commencement of the transaction, to analyze the utilization state of the service by the user, and to improve the business management / services of the subcontractor. Our company obliges the subcontractors to observe the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) and the relevant laws and regulations of EU and to handle the private information of the users by taking into account the privacy of the users. For further details on the handling of private information at the subcontractors, please contact those subcontractors directly;
- When we operate jointly with other companies, public organizations, etc. in the operation of this service (the private information provided in this way shall be managed by the affiliated parties; In addition to fulfilling the transaction, the affiliated party shall use the private information in order to submit the information by e-mail or the like to the user after the commencement of the transaction, to analyze the utilization state of the services by the user, and to improve the business management / services of the affiliated party. Our company obliges the affiliated parties to observe the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) and the relevant laws and regulations of EU and to handle the private information of the users by taking into account the privacy of the users. For further details on the handling of private information at the affiliated parties, please contact those affiliated parties directly;
- When private information is provided as a result of business succession due to merger or other reasons;
- When it is necessary to disclose based on laws and regulations;
Correction of private information
- Our company may ask users for their cooperation in order to ensure accuracy and updating of their private information.
- On the website of this service, the users can carry out the procedures concerning the private information for (1) confirmation, (2) correction / addition / deletion / exercise of data portability right, (3) suspension of use, and (4) discontinuation of the offering to the affiliated parties (hereinafter, collectively referred to as "confirmation, etc.").
- With respect to the handling of private information related to users, the user has the right to appeal against data protection authorities of each country having jurisdiction.
Transfer of private information to outside the EU region
In order to achieve the above purpose of use, our company may transfer the user's private information to countries outside the EU, including Japan, and handle them. In countries outside the EU, as with GDPR, data-based rights may not be accepted by laws and regulations, but in order to guarantee that we can secure adequate measures concerning the protection of users' private information, our company will take measures such as concluding standard contract clauses based on the GDPR principle on the private information of users.
- 1. About cookies
- Cookie is a mechanism for Web site providers to temporarily record data on the user's computer through a Web browser. The cookie can record the information on the user, the date and time of the last visit to the site, the total number of visits to the site, and it is used for services such as identification of the site users, user authentication system, customization of services by WWW for each user.
- 2. About use of cookie as IR information
- We may disclose statistical data such as the number of users and page view number measured using cookie as IR information regarding the use of this service by the users.
- 3. Stopping targeted ads
- Our company utilizes the targeting advertisement service provided by third parties for the purpose of grasping the use situation of this service by users. For this purpose, we utilize cookies provided by the following companies. If you would like to know more about the use of cookie, information acquired by cookie, opt-out procedure in detail, and if we would like to opt-out of targeted advertisement we deliver, please visit the following websites of each company for confirmation.
Regarding the private information we hold, our company, while complying with applicable laws and regulations of Japan and other standards including GDPR, will review the contents of this policy from time to time and make efforts to improve it.