Written by MATCHA_En
Join MATCHA's Editorial Team! Share Your Knowledge About Japan With The World
MATCHA is looking for an editor to join our English language content creation team. If you reside in Japan and have a wish to put your knowledge of Japanese culture to the use of travelers to Japan, then please read the job details.
Have you been living in Japan for a while and got to know and to love this country and its culture? Do you love writing and wish to create meaningful content that will be of help to others?
If your answer was yes to both questions, please read on to find out more about a work opportunity available at MATCHA, a web magazine specialized in travel information for visitors to Japan.
MATCHA is looking for an editor to join our English language editorial team. It is a full-time position requiring the successful candidate to work from our office in Asakusa, Tokyo.
- Creating content for MATCHA's English language website by writing and editing articles related to traveling in Japan.
- Creating and suggesting article concepts that answer the needs of international visitors to Japan.
- Managing the publishing schedule.
- Managing the team of writers and editing their articles.
- Collaborating with the Japanese editorial team and with the sales department regarding the PR content.
- Supervising the Japanese to English and English to Japanese translation teams.
1. A good command of written and spoken English.
2. Japanese language skills that correspond to levels N1 or N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
3. A good knowledge of Japanese culture and history, as well as of Japan's geography.
4. Relevant editorial experience in the field of web media.
5. The candidate should reside in Japan and should possess or be eligible for a valid working visa.
How to Apply
Step 1. Please send us your resume at email@example.com together with a short letter of intent specifying your motivation to apply for the editor position.
Step 2. The candidates who pass the first screening will be contacted regarding an interview.
Step 3. The candidates who pass the interview will be asked to submit a series of assignments related to the editorial position.
Step 4. Successful candidates will be invited to a second interview.
We are looking forward to your applications.